To provide such excellent service and competitive products to our customers that we earn their loyalty and their recommendation to others.
Since 1881 F&C Bank has provided banking services for area individuals and businesses, partnering in making it possible for our community to grow and prosper. Over this long stretch of time we have gone from the horse and buggy era to instant communication and account information via the Internet. One thing has remained constant throughout the many changes brought about by progress and technology…we know you, our customer, and pride ourselves on delivering convenient, personal service.
Farmers & Commercial Bank commenced operation on March 17, 1881 in a building located on the northeast corner of Second and Market Street in Holden, Missouri. The bank was founded and capitalized by a local entrepreneur and Canadian immigrant William Steele along with a group of local investors. It started with a paid up capital of $25,000 and officers were, W. M. Steele, president; George S. Young, vice-president; Z. T. Miller, cashier.
View looking east in downtown Holden from the original Farmers & Commercial Bank building built in 1882.
In 1948 the Steele descendants sold controlling interest in the bank to R. S. and Sylvia Mickey who moved to Holden from the northwest Missouri town of Rosendale. Mr. Mickey’s family remains active in ownership and management today.
As the original name indicates, Farmers and Commercial Bank has a history of providing financial services for the agricultural producers and small businesses of the area. While these traditional bank customers remain a large and vital component of the bank’s customer base, individual consumers now make up the largest segment of the bank’s customers. We believe our lineup of consumer products is first rate with on-line mortgage loans, home equity credit lines, land and lot loans, and auto loans.
Center – R.S. Mickey, bank president ca. 1950, flanked by two sons, Robert E. (left) and Richard D. (right)
In 1974, the Kingsville facility was constructed to better serve customers in the nearby community. Officers then were Robert E. Mickey, Sr., president and chairman of the board; Rayburn N. Henry, vice president and director; Jack Wharton, vice president, cashier and director; The total assets of the bank had grown to $9.2 million as the close of business on December 31, 1974.
Kingsville Office, Highway 58 East, Kingsville, MO
F&C Bank opened its first office in the neighboring southeastern Jackson county community of Lone Jack in 1995. Banking services began in a temporary building, then the bank proudly opened the doors to a substantial brick building in 1998 that was designed in a neo-colonial style intended to pay tribute to Lone Jack’s civil war battle history. As a part of the Lone Jack community the bank is pleased to be a part of the rural, but growing and prosperous area of Jackson County, located just ten miles southeast of the suburbs of the greater Kansas City area.
Lone Jack Office, 102 N. Bynum Rd, Lone Jack, MO
In 2006, after completing 125 years of operation, Farmers and Commercial Bank’s name was officially changed to F&C Bank in an effort to shorten and streamline the bank’s identifying name. To commemorate the past 125 years while looking to the future with a new name, a community wide celebration was held in Holden that July.
The following year of 2007 the Bank’s Main Office in Holden relocated to the Eagle Crest subdivision on the Eastern edge of Holden. The new, modern facility was designed to better serve our growing customer base, provide adequate office facilities for our staff that had outgrown the facilities at the bank’s original site and to allow for future growth of banking operations.
F&C Bank, 1006 Eagle Crest Drive, Holden, MO
2014 marked another year of outstanding financial performance for F&C Bank. We were also excited to open our fourth convenient location with our new Warrensburg office. After several months of operating out of a temporary facility, this full service branch opened March 3, 2014 and is on the corner of Burkarth and Young streets . Modeled after the 2007 Holden bank building, this newest location has the latest in modern technology without compromising personal and friendly service!
F&C Bank, 541 E. Young Street, Warrensburg MO.
In 2021, F&C Bank celebrated their Milestone 140th Anniversary. The institution continues to grow in services and technology and delivering exceptional service from local bankers that care about their community.
Today F&C Bank employs approximately 55 full and part-time associates who continue the tradition of “Finding Solutions. Creating Relationships.” at our three locations.
F&C Bank actively encourages participation and involvement from its staff and Board of Directors in the Holden, Kingsville, Lone Jack and Warrensburg communities through volunteer participation in several charitable organizations, participation on numerous community boards and committees and by the charitable donations we contribute as individuals and as a bank. Since 1881 our employees have taken pride in helping improve the communities we serve. We have progressed throughout the decades not by abandoning the tried and true values that have been the foundation of our success, but by building on those foundations. As one of the only true community banks in the markets we serve, we focus on the flexibilities that local ownership and decision making is able to provide our customers; however, we also pride ourselves in offering all the conveniences of modern technology to match those of our larger competitors. Our history gives us our firm foundation. Our focus on customer relationships will continue to form our vision for the future.